I am happy with this year’s turn-out as far as art work goes- especially considering I didn’t have enough art last year to come close to filling a monthly grid like this.
Technically my goal was to have a piece I was proud of each month. I was close. I give myself a little slack for November/December- I was really learning and trying to push some value, so I’m satisfied with that. Value-wise it is my strongest piece! June was certainly my weakest all around.
If I can get the same type of improvement by the end of next year that I feel I have this year, I will be content.
- Push painterly values
- Learn to tightly control gradient maps and use it as a tool for painting
- Develop a stronger understanding of color
- Set up a Drip account, possibly an alternative to Patreon and gain a new following
- Sketch at least something small each day
- Boost social media network and build a good art community
- Expose myself to more art and style to further develop my own
As will be the norm for a while, I work for tips! If you want to help fuel me through the day, check out my Ko-Fi: